We're currently building a slicker free trial process, which will mean we won't have to manually set your account up ahead of you trying it. Sorry it's not quite there yet; it'll be one of our key 2019 enhancements!
Before You Start
Before following these instructions, you'll need to ensure your email address has an active Fantoo Essentials/Business free trial or account. A member of the Fantoo team will let you know when you're good to go.
If you've not had this confirmation, you can request a free trial through fantoo.com.
Downloading & Installing
When you've had confirmation of your Fantoo free trial/account, you're ready to download and install the app:
- Visit fantoo.com and select either Windows or Mac download, to match your PC's operating system
- Once the Fantoo installer has downloaded, continue to run/open it
- If you're using Windows, you might be shown a security warning at this point. See 'Windows Security Warning' below for instructions on how to bypass this.
- Once the app has finished installing, you'll be shown the Fantoo sign in screen
- Select 'FORGOT PASSWORD' at the bottom of the screen, then submit your email address
- If you have a Fantoo account/free trial, you'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the link in this email to create your password. The link will open a new page in your internet browser.
- Once you've saved your new password, go back to the Fantoo app and use your email address and new password to sign in!
- Once you're signed into Fantoo, you'll be shown the Fantoo App Store
- To add an app to your Fantoo AppBar, select the + symbol next to the app of your choice
- You'll need to sign-in to your apps again; Fantoo is separate to your internet browser.
- Once an app has installed, you can go back to the Fantoo App Store using the + button near the bottom of your Fantoo AppBar.
- You can add as many apps as you like, and add the same app more than once (if you have several accounts you want to use at the same time)
Fantoo's App Store, and an empty AppBar ready for you to add your choice of apps
Customising the order of your apps in your Fantoo AppBar is easy - just drag and drop the app icons into the order of your choice.
To remove an app, right click on the app icon in your Fantoo AppBar and select 'Remove'
Windows Security Warning
Because Fantoo is relatively new, and not sold in Microsoft's official app store, Windows pops up a security warning when you try to install Fantoo.
To bypass the warning, using Windows 10 as an example:
- Select 'More info' in the first screen (see below)
- Choose 'Run anyway' in the second screen (see below)